This is usually done because the couple wants to put up an unforgettable show for the public as a celebration of love.
Unfortunately, many couples don't put in this same effort in making their marriage work because in marriage, there is no one to put a show for, it is just them two.
For so many married couples, the last time they truly worked together was during the planning of their wedding.
Imagine if the two of them put in the same effort in marriage, then marriages would thrive. Love is when you do well to each other and with each other even when the public is not watching.
Here are ten things that make weddings successful;
1. The man and woman have a joint vision.
2. The man and the woman set a time and date that both are comfortable with.
3. The man and the woman both give suggestions of how they want the wedding to be.
4. The tastes and preferences of both the man and the woman are considered.
5. The family and parents of both the man and the woman are both honoured and respected.
6. Both the man and the woman contribute resources to the wedding.
7. Both the man and the woman play their part to make sure the wedding is successful.
8. Both the man and the woman have regular meetings to monitor the progress of the wedding plans.
9. Both the man and the woman know how special the wedding is.
10. Both the man and the woman are patient with each other and help each other through the stress of the wedding plans.
© Dayan Masinde and Akello Oliech
In my book, MANHOOD SERIES, I talk about how men build and invest in a relationship that they value, I help men to do a self-analysis of their character, vision and motive.
In my other book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I talk about how a woman gets blessed when she chooses the right man to commit to and inspires the best out of her man.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.