With only a few days left to the deadline of filing the KRA returns, most Kenyans are rushing to do so to avoid getting fined.
The hassle of queuing to file returns was resolved after KRA introduced iTax, a platform where taxpayers can update their tax registration details or file returns.
Forgetting a password for an important account like iTax happens to anyone given that you only use it once in a year when filing your tax returns.
In case you’ve forgotten your password, here are few steps you can follow to retrieve it.
• Open your browser and log in to KRA itax portal: itax.kra.go.ke.
• Once on the website, type your KRA pin and click continue
• Proceed downward and click where it is written: “forgot password/unlock account.”
• Proceed to answer the security question and then click submit.
• A password will be sent to your email, therefore, open another tab and proceed to log in to your email.
• Copy the password sent and go back to the KRA website and click back.
• Enter your PIN and the password sent to your email and press login.
• Once in the website fill in the places with a red asterisk. The old password remains the one sent to your email and proceed to set your new password. Chose the security question and set the answer.
• Agree to KRA website policy and disclaimer by clicking the small box and click submit. Your password is set.
Here is a short video of how to reset your KRA password (Video/Courtesy); <amp-iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TQw003tw564" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></amp-iframe>