STEPS: How to change course and university after admission to Kenyan institutions

By Fay Ngina | Thursday, Jun 4th 2020 at 07:20
Share this story:

On Tuesday June 2, Education Cabinet Secretary George Magoha said only 125,000 candidates who sat KCSE in 2019 and scored C+ secured placement to degree courses in universities, while 563,544 others miss slots.

Magoha added that 88,724 students were placed in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions.

In the recent years, students admitted to various universities opt to change their courses or transfer to another university.

The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) announced that students and parents can begin the process in June but the exact date it yet to be confirmed.

This application is only available to the students admitted through the government sponsored programmes, formerly known as JAB students.

Kuccps CEO John Muraguri said, “The inter-institutional transfer is done online. This means that applicants log in to their student's portal, fill an application form, download and print it. The form is then taken to the respective heads of the institutions that the student wishes to transfer to and seeks for endorsement before it is submitted to the Placement Service for processing. During the inter-institution transfer application, a student may apply to change both the course and the institution or just the institution.”

Here’s how to change the course and university you’ve been admitted to;

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Visit to log in.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Click on the transfers tab on top.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Select the programme and in the inter-institution transfer field put the programme code.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->State why you want to transfer. This is mandatory.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->After completing the application, download the transfer form and print it.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Take the form to the institution you want to transfer to for endorsement.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->After the institution has accepted you, take the transfer form to the university you were initially admitted to, for them to release your placement.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·        <!--[endif]-->Once you are done with the above process, take the form back to the placement service.

Kindly note that you’ll be required to pay Sh1,000 for the transfer. 

Share this story:
Other related topics:

Latest Stories