CNN’s Richard Quest tests positive for Coronavirus

By Vincent Kejitan | Tuesday, Apr 21st 2020 at 12:06
Share this story:

Renowned CNN presenter Richard Quest has tested positive for Coronavirus.

Through a tweet, Quest revealed that he has mild symptoms and was optimistic that he would soon recover from the illness.

“I have caught coronavirus. I am blessed in that I have few symptoms - just a cough. I am saving my prayers and thoughts for those less fortunate.

“Stay in. And protect lives,” he wrote.

Online, netizens were quick to wish him a quick recovery and some shared their experiences saying they a cough and within a few days it had become full-blown.

So far, Coronavirus has claimed over 170,000 lives worldwide while 653,722 have recovered from the virus.

In the US alone, over 42,000 patients have succumbed to the virus.

Back home, on Monday Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced 11 more cases, bringing the national tally to 281.

He said that out of the 11 new cases, seven of them were traced in Bondeni, Miritini and a couple of other estates in Mombasa. He said that the remaining four people are from Nairobi.

The CS raised alarm on Mombasa saying that the seven cases noted in the coastal city may worsen the situation if not properly handled.

According to Kagwe, three of the seven people who tested positive in Mombasa may have come into contact with the herbalist who succumbed to the disease recently.

He said two patients recovered and were discharged from the treatment wards. He added that two medics also got infected where one of them has recovered, while the other is still undergoing treatment.

Share this story:
Other related topics:

Latest Stories