Health CAS Dr Mercy Mwangangi on Thursday revealed that three more Kenyans had tested positive for Coronavirus bringing the total to 31.
Speaking during a briefing at Afya House, Mwangangi stated that the three were all females aged between 30-61years.
She added that the three had all been in close contact with the previously confirmed cases.
Mwangangi said the most affected counties are Nairobi, Kwale, Mombasa, Kilifi and Kajiado and urged Kenyans to maintain social distancing and hygiene.
"74 cases have been tested out of which, 3 people have tested positive of coronavirus disease bringing the total number to 31.
“The affected counties are Nairobi, Kwale, Mombasa, Kilifi & Kajiado," she remarked.
Kenyans who jetted back into the country and were put on mandatory quarantine this week stated that they were yet to be tested but Mwangangi assured that they would be tested in due time in accordance with WHO guidelines.
Around 2000 people arrived into the country since Monday and the government maintained that they will be quarantined for 14 days.
Asked about the 7pm-5am curfew, Mwangangi said it was imposed because some were still not practicing social distancing.
She added that a number of people were still holding meetings in restaurants, going to bars and holding house parties.
Government Spokesperson Cyrus Oguna asked Kenyans to adhere to the directives issued by the President saying anyone who fails to observe the curfew will be dealt with accordingly.