Jackie Chan speaks after rumours that he was quarantined over COVID-19

By Vincent Kejitan | Friday, Feb 28th 2020 at 10:37
Share this story:

Popular actor Jackie Chan on Thursday spoke after word went round that he had been quarantined over the COVID-19.

This is after he was seen at a function with some police officers in Hong Kong.

It was later reported that over 50 officers in the area had been placed under quarantine after attending an event but it was clarified that Chan was at a different location that was 30 minutes away.

On Thursday, Chan assured his fans that he is safe and has not been quarantined.

“Thanks for everybody's concern! I'm safe and sound, and very healthy. Please don't worry, I'm not in quarantine.

“I hope everyone stays safe and healthy too!” he wrote.

Elsewhere, an Italian man who arrived in Nigeria three days ago has become the African country’s first case of coronavirus, the health ministry said on Friday, as infections spread rapidly worldwide.

The Health Ministry said on Twitter that the case was in the state of Lagos, home to the southwestern commercial capital of the same name. Lagos is the biggest city in Africa’s most populous country, with a population of about 20 million.

"The case...is the first case to be reported in Nigeria since the beginning of the outbreak in China in January," the health ministry said in its post, adding that the infection was confirmed on Thursday.

Health minister Osagie Ehanire, in a statement, said the case was an Italian citizen who works in Nigeria and returned from Milan, Italy to Lagos February 25.

Share this story:
Other related topics:

Latest Stories