Officer Kenei leaves behind one-week old baby and a fiancée he was to wed in August

By Fay Ngina | Friday, Feb 21st 2020 at 13:18
Share this story:

Father to Sergeant Kipyegon Kenei, the officer found dead in Imara Daima, says his son has left behind a fiancée and two children, one in form one and the other, a one-week-old baby.

John Chesang says Kenei’s fiancée is so devastated with the news that she has not been able to talk to anyone.

Mr Chesang further revealed that Kenei and his fiancée were to have a wedding in August this year. He says despite his son’s death; they will sit down with the girl’s family to establish a way forward.

Kenei’s father also said that it was painful for them that they learnt about his son's death through the radio. He faults the government and laments that they should have been notified first.

“It is painful our child was killed like that, I wish there was more consideration to notify us first before taking it to the media,” said Chesang.

According to Chesang, Kenei was not a troubled man, and news that he had committed suicide shocked them.

“I talked to him on Tuesday, and he was not troubled at all. We are surprised that reports indicate he committed suicide. As a family, we cannot buy that; he did not mention to us that he was troubled,” said Chesang.

He further pleaded with the government to conduct investigations to establish the actual cause of death.

Sergeant Kenei, who was attached to Deputy President William Ruto’s officer, was found dead on Thursday at his house at Villa Franca Estate in Imara Daima.

According to preliminary investigations, Kenei is alleged to have committed suicide and left a note behind. The suicide note has, however, not been made public.

DP Ruto’s Communication Secretary, David Mugonyi, says Kenei had not reported to work on Wednesday, February 19.

Kenei was scheduled to record a statement at the DCI over the fake arms probe involving former Sports CS Rashid Echesa on the same day.

Share this story:
Other related topics:

Latest Stories