Mourners hospitalized after eating weed cake

By Standard Reporter | Saturday, Nov 2nd 2019 at 12:59
Share this story:

Mourners at a funeral in Germany ended up in hospital after they were accidentally served cake laced with hashish (a drug made from the resin of the cannabis plant).

According to reports by DW News, the mourners headed to a restaurant in Rostock for coffee and cake but some started complaining of nausea and dizziness.

It later emerged that the drug-laced cake was brought in by an employee who is in charge of baking.

She had asked her 18-year-old daughter to bake cake for the mourners and she did, but baked a separate cake ‘for other reasons.’

On the material day, the lady picked the cake from her fridge without consulting with her daughter and ended up serving the drug-laced cake.

The 18-year-old is now currently under investigation and faces charges of negligence and bodily injury as well as disturbing a funeral and violating Germany's narcotics law.

Share this story:
Other related topics:

Latest Stories