Woman electrocuted to death while hanging wet clothes on electric wires

By Kevin ochieng' Othenge | Wednesday, Oct 30th 2019 at 12:30
Share this story:

A Woman was on Tuesday evening electrocuted to death at her house in Eshilabwe village Navakholo sub-county in Kakamega county.

Ruth Ochieng Kepha, 59, was putting washed linen on a live electric wire to dry when she was struck. 

According to one neighbor, Ruth was heard screaming for help when she was struck on the wire. Efforts made by the neighbors to rescue her, however, proved futile as she fell and lay on one of the electric cables.

"I couldn't get a dry wood to hit her with. I only managed to get a cooking stick which I struck her with, but unfortunately, she fell on one of the live wires which electrocuted her more, killing her on the spot," said one of the neighbors.

It took the effort of one neighbor, who appeared to have knowledge in dealing with electric wires, to disconnect the cables before they could remove the body.

Neighbors say the incident was caused by the electricity pole that fell on the roof of the woman's house following heavy downpour accompanied by thunder and lightning witnessed in that area on Tuesday.

The body was taken to the mortuary at Kakamega General and Referral Hospital, awaiting burial.

Share this story:
Other related topics:

Latest Stories