Whereas there are women who panic and worry when their marriage is threatened, there are wives who strategically fight.
1. There are wives who privately ask some of their successful friends to give their jobless husband a job or business. The husband gets the job or business deal but will never know it was her who helped him behind the scenes. She is protecting his ego.
2. There are wives who go out with their husbands and give the husband money to pay so that he doesn't feel bad for not having money.
3. There are wives who see their husbands chatting with other women and confiding in other women. Instead of blowing up the marriage, these wives still talk to their husbands like they haven't seen the messages. They keep their husbands close trusting that he will outgrow these behaviour of chatting up women.
4. There are wives who see their husbands reckless with money despite being cautioned. The wives start to save up some money to cover the family, money that helps the family when the husband messes up.
5. There are wives who know their husbands are struggling in secret with a disease or a habit. They keep encouraging the husband when others have no idea of his battles.
6. There are wives who study the people the husband interacts with to cover him from being misled or used. They discern better than their naive husbands.
7. There are wives who every day pray for their husband's safety, health, growth, protection and progress. The husband has no idea he is being prayed for.
8. There are wives who know their husbands are going astray but they overlook their own hurt to stand by the husband and help him find his way again.
9. There are wives who book for counselling sessions in secret to find out how they can save their marriage. They know the husband will not agree to a counselling session because his pride won't let him admit there is a problem.
10. There are wives who apply for jobs and travel VISAs for their husbands who have given up. The husbands get a breakthrough and often easily forget all she did for him.
11. There are wives who know the opportunistic women surrounding their husbands and rise above their drama when those women try to frustrate them.
Gentleman, so many times the woman who loves you will cover you but you are too proud to see it. When a woman loves, she grows patient in her nurturing ways and she will pull alot of strings to benefit you; but don't take her for granted. Far too many women are going to bed hurt and crying silent tears as they wonder how to make their marriage work, don't put her through that. Alot of women hide their tears from their man because they feel he doesn't care and introducing an uncomfortable topic will destroy the marriage. So many wives feel unappreciated... Thank her for the many times she has been there for you, covered your weaknesses and tolerated your behaviour.
.. And ladies, even as you fight for your husband in secret, don't forget about you. Being a loving wife doesn't mean you be foolish and you stop loving yourself. Before you are a wife or a mother, you are an individual. Don't forget you
© Dayan Masinde
In my new book, MANHOOD SERIES, I walk with men towards understanding themselves and help women to understand men. I talk about how to be proactive and to cultivate a vision and take charge as a man; plus the man's place in marriage and family. I talk about how to deal with men's issues.
In my other new book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I walk with women towards understanding themselves and help men to understand women. I talk about the woman and her purpose, leading her life, not being a victim of circumstances; plus the woman's place in marriage and family. I talk about how to be emotionally rational.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.