Police allowed to continue holding a man accused of severing son's genitals over Sh50 bob

By Njue Mukami | Thursday, Jun 13th 2019 at 08:20
Share this story:

Police have been allowed by a Nyeri Court to hold for a week a man accused of trying to severe his son's manhood.

When George Kariuki appeared before Senior Resident Magistrate Nelly Kariuki, police sought for more time to conduct investigations.

Kariuki allegedly injured his son’s private parts for allegedly stealing Sh50. The boy is still admitted in hospital undergoing reconstructive surgery.

The investigating officer Peter Njogu said it was for the interest of the accused that he remained in custody for his personal security.

"The public out there is very furious and may attack the accused if he is released," said the investigating officer.

According to information filed in court, the 10-year old boy is still recovering from the grievous injuries he sustained during the ordeal.

Police said the mother of the minor had confessed that the accused had wanted to conceal the matter.

"A daughter however noted the boy’s pain and the mother raised an alarm leading to arrest of Kariuki," the officer said.

Separately, a middle-aged man appeared before a Nyeri court for allegedly assaulting his father last month, over a Sh100,000, which he claimed was supposed to be his school fees.

Charles Mathenge, who dropped out of school, is alleged to have assaulted his father David Thua more than three times, over the cash.

Nyeri Chief Magistrate Wendy Kagendo ordered a mental assessment for Mathenge before the case comes up on June 24.

Share this story:
Other related topics:

Latest Stories