After Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) shifted from issuing receipts of manual returns and advanced to Payment Gateway where all Domestic Tax Payments were to be made, many can now fill their returns at the comfort of their homes, offices and any other relevant places.
With only few works to the deadline of filling KRA returns, its worth taking you through the process of filling nil returns to avoid unnecessary penalties come the end of the filling period on June 31st.
Here is a clear guideline of how you can fill your Nil Returns.
Guide on how to fill nil tax returns
· Open your browser and Log in to www.itak.kra.go.ke
· On the left hand side enter you user Id, KRA pin, and click continue.
· Type in your password and answer the security question in order to access your profile.
· After accessing your profile click on the returns menu, and select File Nil Returns sub-menu.
· Under Tax Obligation, select VAT/PAYE from the drop down menu.
· Enter the return period and click submit.
· Download acknowledgement receipt and you are done.