Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) on Thursday 23 May recused a seven-year-old boy who was kidnapped from his home in Loresho on Tuesday 21 May.
The boy was recused in a rental house in Kawangware where he was being held as the kidnappers demanded from Sh3 million ransom for his release.
“The 7-year-old boy who had been kidnapped from his home in #Loresho on 21st May’19 has been rescued by Detectives from a rental house in #Kawangware. Two suspects arrested & in lawful custody. The Kidnappers have been demanding for a Ksh. 3M ransom to release the boy. Child Safe,” said DCI.
The two suspects, a 47-Year-Old Leah Muhonja Luyali woman and her 23-year-old daughter Charlotte Msimbi, were arrested and taken to lawful custody.
According to the DCI, Leah was a house help at the victim’s house when he was kidnapped. She (Leah) had been given permission by the victim’s mother who is abroad, to take the boy alongside another boy for dinner where the father would pick them up later.
“Report made to the police had alleged that an unknown female to the House Help had been given permission by the boy’s mother (who is abroad) to take the boy alongside another child for dinner and that the father would later pick him up,” added DCI.
The DCI said that they were conducting further investigations into the incident.