22 abilities every husband should have
A husband should have the ability to...
1. Listen He should be concerned about her thoughts and stories. A woman wants a husband she can open up to. An emotional companion.
2. Keep quiet He should know when to hold back his tongue to prevent things from escalating especially when she is moody.
3. Communicate He should learn the art of communication; face to face and over the phone. Learn to check up on her, to engage, to chat her up and keep loneliness away.
4. Give direction He should learn to give direction. Where are they going as a couple and family? He should offer confidence, vision and leadership.
5. Stay faithful He should show commitment to the vision of their love through faithfulness. Leading from the front publicly and privately. Keeping off other women.
6. Pursue He should date his wife no matter how long they have been together. Make her feel special, compliment her, flirt with her, pursue her, romance her, excite her heart, treat her like a Queen.
7. Boost self-esteem He should make her believe in herself more, drowning her doubts, allaying her fears, reminding her who she is when she forgets, lifting up her spirits when she feels low, making her feel sexy and beautiful when she does not feel all that.
8. Pray He should cover his wife and children in prayer, a prayer warrior in the spiritual realm, committing his family to his maker, putting on the full armour and going to war, accessing the spiritual blessings meant for his family.
9. Comfort He should be a shoulder to lean on when she cries, the person she runs to when this world overwhelms her. Her cover.
10. Sexually arouse He should make her feel desired and wanted. Turn her on like crazy. Open her tap of wetness. Know which buttons to push to give her sweet highs.
11. Provide Whether she earns more than him or not, he should play his part in meeting the needs of the family and seek ways to get more provisions and investments.
12. Encourage He should be her voice of reason. The firm voice that counters her negative voices or the storms that shake her. He should be that man who tells her "I believe in you honey. You can do this".
13. Give peace He should be a peace maker, knowing how to calm tense moments and avoid drama.
14. Create humour He should know how to be her clown, how to mine for laughs out of her, how to make her smile, how to make her remember him when he is far from her and find herself smiling all by herself.
15. Protect This world can be tough for a woman; his mother, his sister, his friends, her friends, her boss, strangers might attack her. He should have the ability to keep her safe and make her feel she has an ally.
16. Serve He should put his ego aside and attend to his wife and family even without being asked, anticipating their needs, being there hero. To lead is to serve.
17. Defend her from himself A man can become his wife's worst enemy, the pain he can cause her if he chooses to harm her physically, emotionally, sexually or financially is too great. He should make sure he doesn't be her worst mistake.
18. Inspire His words carry so much weight. Words of appreciation and encouragement are enough to keep her going, he should keep refueling and recharging her.
19. Help and support He should care about her dreams and life goals and be her purpose partner, helping her be the best version of herself. He should ease her load and help out at home. They are a team.
20. Give stability and security He should make sure that he is consistent, being her constant, a steady hand. When a woman is given clarity, she lets down her guard and releases her love.
21. Touch He should understand how sensitive a woman's skin is and how it loves to be touched. He should learn the non-verbal communication of touch, how to rub her back, hold her waist, stroke her skin and cuddle up with her.
22. Ability to need his wife He should also have the ability to be vulnerable, to need his wife, to allow her to do the above things to him, to be there for him, to trust her with his issues and to give her room to love him. Women love being of value.
© Dayan Masinde
In my new book, MANHOOD SERIES, I talk about the benefits of a man loving his woman and how it starts by the man loving himself. I talk about the responsibilities of a man to God, to himself, his family and society. Men are capable of loving.
In my other book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I talk about how a woman can make wise relationship choices, how to inspire love in a man and how a woman carries so many blessings for herself and her man.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.