Retail giants feeling the pinch amid rapid expansion as new rivals pick up sales
Two of Kenya’s largest retail supermarkets have closed two of their stores within a fortnight while the third one is still struggling to sell its assets to turn around its fortunes, exposing the woes facing the retail industry.
Vincent Achuka | 4 years ago
Uchumi stumbles through a maze in its quest to regain glory
Listed retailer Uchumi Supermarkets is quite literally a cat with nine lives. It has ducked darts, danced through barbs and almost closed shop four times but now lives to fight another tough round.
Otiato Guguyu | 4 years ago
Good news as government slashes secondary school fees
- I'm ready to face your coalition, DP Ruto now tells Uhuru and Raila
- Captain drops his last anchor by Lake Kirubi
- Puzzle of missing security consultant deepens
By Kamore Maina
- Mt Kenya leaders reassure Raila on 2022
- Manhunt for policeman who assaulted, pricked his wife's genitals with nails
By James Omoro