Ghana's public debt climbs to 71 percent of GDP
Ghana’s total public debt rose to 94.5 billion cedis ($23.7 billion) by end-June, equivalent to 71 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), up sharply from 67 percent the previous month due to currency depreciation, the central bank said.
By Reuters | 5 years ago
Why GDP is a flawed measure of a nation's wellbeing
Kenya recently rebased its economy by adding certain sectors such as real estate and ICT which had initially been left out in the computation of its gross domestic product (GDP) - the total value of goods and services produced by a country in a year. Kenya’s GDP is now estimated to be about Sh4.76 trillion.
Dominic Omondi | 5 years ago
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession