A school in the wild where learners sit on stones and learn under trees
There are no classrooms. There are no desks. But there are many children at Nachurur Primary School in Tiaty, Baringo County, dying to get an education — the only thing that can help them wriggle out of the grinding poverty they were born into.
By Standard Team | 5 years ago
MPs come face to face with free laptops challenges
Implementation of the digital learning programme has been rated successful, despite facing myriad challenges.
Boniface Gikandi | 1 year ago
Of failed school laptop project and sobering lessons it offers
Five years after the projected launch of the primary schools laptop project, the government has finally admitted it is not viable.
The Standard | 2 years ago
Where is my kidney?
- President and Raila ‘joined at the hip despite misgivings’
- JSC allows Mugenda to chair panel to pick next Chief Justice amid protests
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Cost of living pushes Kenyans to shop in Uganda
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth