Why lenders go for foreclosure as a last option in the event of default
Some banks and financial institutions shy away from the remedy after the amendment of the Indian Transfer of Property Act, applied locally.
By Harold Ayodo | 2 months ago
Building your home, one paycheck at a time
Owning a home is the classic Kenyan dream, and the economic benefits of homeownership are immense, yet it is a luxury very few can afford. Reports show that Kenya faces an acute shortage of affordable housing and a low level of urban home ownership. The Vision 2030 document warns that this is set to worsen since majority of Kenyans are below 25 years and demand for houses will rise significantly as they start settling down.
Ruto, Atwoli differ on BBI shock ruling
- Appeal ruling, Governor Lee Kinyanjui tells BBI proponents
- Bonchari, Juja by-elections in limbo as AG heads to Court of Appeal
- Son of former Kisumu mayor found dead
- Kabogo announces bid to run for president in 2022
- BBI ruling: Ruto, other leaders react to shock decision
By Betty Njeru