Man threatens to rape, hack mother to death over Sh10 sukuma wiki
By Lilian Chepkoech | December 2nd 2021
A youthful man has denied creating disturbance by bayong for his mother's blood. James Waweru threatened to hack his mother Mary Waithera Mwaura with a panga because of sukuma wiki. The Crime was committed on November 26 at the Kawangware Kabiro area in Dagoretti Sub-County.
Court was told that Waithera was at her house when Mwaura demanded Sh10 bob to buy Sukuma wiki. But Waithera sought to know from him where the keys to the main house were. Instead of explaining, Waweru got furious and turned violent. He insulted his mother before leaving for the market briefly. Upon returning, he continued to hurl insults at his mother before grabbing a panga, and chasing her around the compound.
Mwaura threatened to rape and hack his mother to death, attracting the attention of curious neighbors who sought to investigate. They managed to restrain the man but he slipped out of their custody. Waweru was later apprehended and taken to the police station.
Police realized that Mwaura is on record for abusing drugs and disturbing peace. He was then presented in court where he pleaded not guilty to the charge before SPM Chares Mwaniki who released him on a cash bail of Sh 5,000. The matter will be mentioned on December 13.
Old sugarcane is ‘harder and sweeter’
By Uncle Gil
- Truck drivers killing our marriages, Busia men claim
- I never dated Rev Lucy Natasha — says flamboyant bishop
- Kenyan actor says he’s polygamist by nature
- Kakamega family’s agony over missing teen daughter
- Nairobi bed bugs are becoming stubborn
- Woman to part with Sh20,000 for burning neighbour with hot water
- Sonko: My Sh400,000 cannabis gin cures Covid-19
- Ken Wa Maria: I have survived two road accidents
- They squeezed my 'fundamentals', Itumbi reveals