Dirty tricks: City waganga use scary photos to win over new clients
By Pkemoi Ng'enoh | July 19th 2021
Pushed by tough economic times, some wicthoctors have resorted to other tricks to lure customers in Nairobi.
A spot check by The Nairobian has established that unlike before, their posters are now decorated with pictures of owls, cats and snakes in a bid to influence customers.
Some of the common places they target include Machakos Country bus, Bus station, Gikomba, Ngara, Globe Cinema, Ngara and major city roads.
The posters are pinned on the walls under the cover of darkness by young men hired by waganga.
Popular Tanzanian witchdoctor Sabil Abdul, however, says those using such scary photo are selling fake services and should be arrested.
“Those are just fake waganga. Genuine ones should not go to that extent of marketing their services. In my case, I get customers from people who know my services, in fact those using such pictures should be arrested by police” Sabil told The Nairobian.
I made Sh400,000 grooming the dead
- Late lover gifted me homes, treated me like a queen- Shay Diva
- My female friend attacked me over Sh80 debt
- Usipate ball juu ya msimu wa baridi
- How the rich and famous mourn their pets
By Kelvin Kamau
- Shocking: Cow gives birth to 'healthy' two-legged calf
- Sharon Otieno murder: Used condoms, alcohol found at crime scene
By Paul Ogemba
- Man tortured to death; police are investigating
By Mike Kihaki
- City man denies defiling 13-year-old girl, claims he is impotent
- Slain KMTC student loved God, never missed church
By James Omoro