I stole my boyfriend's money, phone because he refused to send fare, woman admits
By Lilian Chepkoech | April 2nd 2021
A woman left court in stitches after she pleaded guilty of stealing money from her boyfriend after he refused to ‘refund’ her fare. Nelius Wangui told court that she had traveled from Nakuru to Nairobi to visit her lover and he had promised to refund her money.
Court documents indicate that Wangui stole Erick Basweti’s mobile phones worth Sh37,500 and transferred Sh40,300 from his phone on March 18 at his residential house in South B.
She also admitted to the alternative charge of possession of stolen goods contrary to the law. On the fateful day, the court heard that Basweti had gone to shower when Wangui transferred the money to her Mpesa and made away with his phone.
He was shocked when he found his phone and Wangui missing. He reported the matter to cops who managed to trace Wangui and arrest her. The court granted her a cash bail of Sh50,000
I received presidential treatment from TB Joshua, says Ng’ang’a
- Vaginal procedures: to snip or not to snip?
- Magoha tells varsities to stop offering ‘copy-cat’ courses to students
- Nunu facelift: To keep women tight, or men cocked?
- Will Uhuru’s Nasa backing change 2022 equation?
- Married woman: Former lover stole my child for four months
By James Omoro
- Family in shock after finding sheep, black cat buried in farm
- Mum is best, but dad is ‘importanter’— Sociologist
By Kelvin Kamau
- Kirubi never parted with more than Sh10,000 for his women
- Clogged sewers, faeces suffocating Muthurwa market