Mutindwa residents would rather risk death crossing road than get mugged on footbridge
By Silas Nyamweya | May 9th 2022 | 1 min read
Umoja residents have decried frequent road accidents at Mutindwa stage, along Outering road.
Hardly a fortnight passes without an accident occurring at this place which interestingly is adjacent to a flyover that is said to have cost Sh880 million to build.
Early this week, a middle-aged man was knocked down while trying to cross over to Buruburu. The car then sped off. Good Samaritans rushed him to Mama Lucy Hospital which later transferred him to Kenyatta Hospital. He died while receiving treatment.
A few days earlier, a teenager was also knocked down by a speeding matatu heading to town killing him on the spot.
Outering Road is considered among the deadliest roads in Nairobi. Mutindwa, and the area between Donholm and Fedha are considered black spots where many lives have been lost.
Jared Matara who uses the road frequently said pedestrians avoid the footbridge because of insecurity, especially at night.
The footbridge, he claimed has no lights and there have been many cases of people being mugged while trying to use the flyover.
'Assault victim was dragged to house, clobbered'
- A man needs talk, touch and rest so he does not stray
- Martha Karua: The iron lady unafraid of breaking barriers
- Sleeping in separate rooms could lead to divorce
- History of the Akurinu- a conservative and long-standing church
DID YOU KNOW
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases on the rise
- Boda boda rider linked to gang who shot, robbed his client
- No more 'sex' music, passengers tell matatu conductors
- Kibaki 'son' Jacob Ocholla steps out of the shadows weeks after burial
- All Kenyan Presidents famously had look-alikes