Couple in court for unlawfully kidnapping, detaining minor
By Lilian Chepkoech | April 25th 2022 | 1 min read
A couple appeared before a Makadara court charged with child theft.
Beth Wambui Miana and Robert Mbugua Kamande are accused of jointly and forcibly detaining the four-year-old on March 16 at Githurai 44 with the intent to deprive her parents of lawful custody of the minor.
The child’s mother who runs a grocery business was serving some customers while the minor was playing with other kids.
At 6.30 pm, the mother could not trace the child, forcing her to start the search until 7.30 pm when she alerted her husband. The following day, they reported the matter to the police.
On March 30, the parents received information that the child had been traced to a village in Murang’a.
The following day, the child returned home and narrated what transpired leading to the arrest of the suspects.
They were released on a Sh500,000 bond. Hearing will be on September 22.
Boda boda rider linked to gang who shot, robbed his client
- No more 'sex' music, passengers tell matatu conductors
- Kibaki 'son' Jacob Ocholla steps out of the shadows weeks after burial
- All Kenyan Presidents famously had look-alikes
- Wangui B Ngng: I am not a political reject
By Solomon Koko
- Lilian Ng'ang'a regains her 50 per cent shares of AL hotel
By Paul Ogemba
- I would 'twerk' online again to feed my two sons
- Magoha threatens to deal with teachers looking at students suggestively
- Waist beads are important ingredients to spice up sex life
By Marion Kithi
- Woman in court for dislocating neighbour's legs