Woman accuses neighbour of burning her with hot water
By Lilian Chepkoech | January 19th 2022 | 1 min read
A woman from Mathare was arraigned in a Makadara court over burning her next-door neighbour on the chest over disposal of dirty water. Sharon Muutheu Mwongera is accused of committing the offense against Teresah Wanja Wachira on January 3 at Ngei area in Mathare at about 10am.
The court heard that Wanja was cleaning her house and then poured the dirty water into the drainage. She then went to an outside tap to get clean water to “clean” the drainage but while still fetching water, Mwongera sneaked out and swept back the dirty water into Wanja’s house.
Wanjaa got into her house and cleaned it again. While at it, Mwongera knocked at her door.
When she got out, an argument ensued between them. At some point, their husbands came out to intervene and while Wanja was explaining, Mwongera went into her house and came back with hot water, with which she poured on the complainant.
The matter comes up on January 24 when the report will be presented. The court has ordered for a probation report before her punishment is determined.
Man Stevo, your dance is confusing, slow down, so we can understand you
- 10 characteristics that tell the Kikuyu apart
By James Mwangi
- Caretaker in court for conning, biting and evicting tenant
- Watch out for fake, backstabbing friends
- I have 13 tattoos, one belongs to my ex boyfriend
- I fell prey of a fake business deal, 'investors' almost killed me
By Sammy Kerre
- Egerton university students pocket 1.65M for innovating water hyacinth project
- We are tired of sharing highway with livestock, boda boda- Ahero residents
- Residents Association grade 7km road
- 'Assault victim was dragged to house, clobbered'