Woman linked to Al-Shabaab arrested after attending KDF recruitment
By Lilian Chepkoech | December 1st 2021
A woman suspected to have links with Al-Shabaab terror group has been arrested in Tindiret Nandi County where she attended KDF recruitment exercise. The unnamed woman aged 22 years, according to DCI was reported by Kamalambu residents for acting suspiciously.
After interrogation, it was confirmed that the woman was in Somalia for two years “After being kidnapped by a terror gang while in Kilifi in 2019.”
The suspect confessed to having received training on handling handle weapons, taking hostage and use of explosives among other skills linked to terrorism.
The Anti Terror detectives have taken over the intense investigations to dig out more information from the suspect. The directorate of criminal investigations has thanked members of the public for reporting the woman suspected to be cohabiting with a man; in Kamalambu village.
“This kind of mutual partnership between the public and police officers is highly recommended because a secure nation is our collective responsibility,” they said.
They squeezed my 'fundamentals', Itumbi reveals
- Politician in the soup for seducing someone’s wife
- Musician Kambua: Nothing comes close to the pain of losing a child
- Two men deny defiling teenager after night vigil
- Inside the mind of a mentally ill person
- Woman in court for burning neighbour with hot water
- Do you want revenge for being dumped?
By James Mwangi
- We started dancing in church but it now helps pay the bills
- Super Eagles who stunned Africa and the world
- Dedan Kimathi University students invent virtual reality app for CBC learners