Woman linked to Al-Shabaab arrested after attending KDF recruitment
By Lilian Chepkoech | December 1st 2021
A woman suspected to have links with Al-Shabaab terror group has been arrested in Tindiret Nandi County where she attended KDF recruitment exercise. The unnamed woman aged 22 years, according to DCI was reported by Kamalambu residents for acting suspiciously.
After interrogation, it was confirmed that the woman was in Somalia for two years “After being kidnapped by a terror gang while in Kilifi in 2019.”
The suspect confessed to having received training on handling handle weapons, taking hostage and use of explosives among other skills linked to terrorism.
The Anti Terror detectives have taken over the intense investigations to dig out more information from the suspect. The directorate of criminal investigations has thanked members of the public for reporting the woman suspected to be cohabiting with a man; in Kamalambu village.
“This kind of mutual partnership between the public and police officers is highly recommended because a secure nation is our collective responsibility,” they said.
Church refuses to cremate follower who died by suicide inside church
By James Omoro
- I am more than just Murathe's son- Davidson Wakairu
- Dear men, here is your toolkit to spice up things at home
By Awuor Omino
- How teen escaped elders’ wrath in colonial court after impregnating five women
- Embu Sports Director, ex-wife in bitter fight over lorry
- I would sell my cows again to take part in Winter Olympics
- Inside Francis Atwoli's posh homes, including one beach house
- How I bagged the deal to bake Baba's birthday cake
- Teen impregnated five women, escaped elders’ wrath in colonial court
- Why city brothels are turning into business stalls