Former UoN President elected to lead East African students
By Stephen Mburu | November 2nd 2021
Former University of Nairobi students’ president has been elected to lead the East Africa Students’ Union (EASU).
Antony Manyara led his team in taking the oath of office in East Africa Community’s offices in Arusha, Tanzania, in an event that saw students from the region come together to fight common problems.
EASU is an umbrella body for student unions from EAC member states, including Uganda National Students’ Association, Kenya Universities Students’ Organisation, Burundi National Students Union and Tanzania Higher Learning Institutions Students Organisation.
Rwanda National Students Association and Intagamburunzwa National Coordination (INC) are also part of the union.
EALA Speaker Martin Ngoga asked the students to stay united and make an impact in the region.
“Leadership comes with great responsibility and you need to utilise this opportunity to bring a positive change in the region,” he said.
Church refuses to cremate follower who died by suicide inside church
By James Omoro
- I am more than just Murathe's son- Davidson Wakairu
- Dear men, here is your toolkit to spice up things at home
By Awuor Omino
- How teen escaped elders’ wrath in colonial court after impregnating five women
- Embu Sports Director, ex-wife in bitter fight over lorry
- I would sell my cows again to take part in Winter Olympics
- Inside Francis Atwoli's posh homes, including one beach house
- How I bagged the deal to bake Baba's birthday cake
- Teen impregnated five women, escaped elders’ wrath in colonial court
- Why city brothels are turning into business stalls