Nairobi businessman in trouble for stealing Sh5,000 petrol
By Lilian Chepkoech | October 26th 2021
Nairobi-based businessman will have to part with Sh10,000 or serve three months in jail for stealing fuel from a petrol station. Evans Kwoko Mwendwa pleaded guilty to stealing petrol worth Sh5,000 from Ola Kilimani petrol station in Yaya Center, asking the court for leniency given that he has a young family.
Kwoko drove into the petrol station on October 11, 2021 at 10pm in a black Toyota land cruiser V8, fueled and pretended to have paid. But when the attendant looked the other way, he drove off without payment.
He would later be arrested after police retrieved CCTV footage from the station. He was presented in court where he pleaded guilty to the offence.
Little-known details about Reverend Natasha's fiancé
- Comrades fully behind Kinoti- KUSO President
By Mike Kihaki
- Alarm as Lake Victoria beaches turn into criminals paradise
By Isiah Gwengi
- Governors at centre of Raila’s strategy to win over Mt. Kenya
By Brian Otieno
- Popping into people’s homes unannounced is so annoying!
By Awuor Omino
- Retain individuality even as a couple- Benjamin Zulu
- Erect statue of lion or Raila Odinga at Uhuru Park, Simba Arati urges
- Children need to know it is okay to be corrected
- Let side-chicks step forward and play their role openly
By Awuor Omino
- Nanny accused of mistreating 'restless' boy released on bail