Kibera man in court for punching ex-wife over child custody
By Lilian Chepkoech | October 27th 2021
A man accused of assaulting wife has denied charges before Kibera senior resident Magistrate William Tulei. Fredrick Abuto allegedly punched and injured Arafa Shamila Ibrahim on September 24 after an argument over child support.
The altercation resulted from an argument following a comment from Arafa to Abuto to take one of their children to hospital.
According to court records, on the fateful day at about 10:30am, Arafa bumped onto her ex-husband at a garage on her way to the shop. Arafa approached him for medication for one of their children but Abuto demanded for child custody instead. An argument ensued leading to a bitter exchange of words, where Arafa challenged Abuto to provide basic needs to their children the same way he takes care of his woman.
Following this comment, Abuto punched Arafa on her face and mouth causing injuries. She sought treatment from a nearby clinic before reporting the matter at the nearest police station.
Abuto was granted cash bail of Sh20,000 pending hearing on January 10, 2022.
I was sexually harassed by my female boss
By Rosa Agutu
- Will Reverend Tasha break Carmel's back?
- Why Jamaican artistes are dying to twerk in Kenya
- Son in court for threatening to rape, hack mother to death
- City bishop Godfrey Migwi dies
- No bond for men charged with raping, robbing woman
- Meet Kenya's best mortician
- Mike Sonko's 'twin' joins politics
- Woman linked to Al-Shabaab arrested
- Dating should be for fun, sex, not marriage