Jilted man clobbers salonist with rungu for refusing to marry him
By Lilian Chepkoech | October 7th 2021
Dagoreti man has found himself on the wrong side of the law for allegedly stalking a woman to her workplace and assaulting her with a rungu; for turning down his marriage advances.
Evans Karan Nyangeri denied assaulting and injuring Dorothy Nyamoita Obonyo at Sego Kilimani area Nairobi County on September 14 at about 3pm.
Nyamoita who runs a salon, was attending to a client when Nyangeri stormed into her business premises carrying a rungu which he used to attack her on her upper limbs and left leg.
Nyangeri accused Nyamoita of being hard-headed for refusing his hand in marriage. As a result of the rejection, he claimed he could not settle knowing he had lost the love of his life.
After sustaining numerous injuries, Nyamoita was treated at a nearby health facility before reporting the matter to authorities leading to Nyangeri’s arrest.
Nyangeri pleaded not guilty and was granted Sh20,000 cash bail and set for trial. The matter will be mentioned on October 14.
Businessman fuels Toyota land cruiser V8, speeds off without paying
- Dress how you want to be addressed
By Awuor Omino
- Why men stopped buying gifts for their wives
- Musician Arrow Bwoy mourns dad
- Goodbye Music? Rapper Kahush back to school in London
- President Kenyatta must follow up on Pandora leak
- Ibrahim Rotich: The man who confused Olympics star from age 17
- This woman, Anne Mumbi Waiguru
- Troubled senator used mother’s ambulance to campaign
- Gloria Muliro ties the knot with pastor, engineer hubby