Wash-Wash cartel: Two women, man flaunting money now on police radar
By Pkemoi Ng'enoh | September 14th 2021
A man and two women, who recorded a video while partying in a house and displaying wads of cash, are now on police radar.
Detectives now believe the three, who appeared to be intoxicated, are part of fraudsters dubbed ‘wash-wash’.
The video has been circulating on various platforms including the one managed by undercover detectives in Nairobi meant to warn armed robbers to reform before being executed.
“Detectives are looking for four ‘wash wash’ suspects, believed to be part of a larger syndicate in the illegal business of printing fake currency”, the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) shared online.
Adding that: “In video clips doing rounds in sections of social media, three of the suspects were captured giving one of their accomplice a dog’s beating, after he went partying and flashed a bunch of notes flanked by a bevvy of beauties, revealing their dirty dealings.”
The detectives added that the man in the clip was flaunting money while promising the seemingly excited women a trip out of the city.
It is believed that the team in the video stormed into the house of one of their gang members and descended on him mercilessly accusing him of disloyalty and betrayal.
Coach: Football star Michael Olunga trekked 20km
- ‘I am doing my Master's’ no longer turns on millennials
- Drama: Landlord caught 'chewing' tenant's wife
By Obare Osinde
- Crocodiles and ducks guarding Michuki Park
- Gospel singer Betty Bayo falls in love again
- Lamu cop dies on his wedding day, new wife still in shock
- Why Mombasa twilight girls turn down Indian soldiers
- Sports and boobs: What’s ball got to do with it, Rais?
By Beryl Ringos
- I will marry when ready, says Lilian Ng'ang'a's Juliani
By David Odongo
- Police minting millions from Covid-19 drunkards