Media personality Janet Mbugua's Inua Dada Foundation bags global award
By Priscilla Kimani | September 13th 2021
Inua Dada Initiative has won a global award. The CEO and former Citizen TV news anchor took to her Instagram page to celebrate her win.
"Inua Dada takes a win for Africa! So excited to announce that Inua Dada Foundation is honoured to be the recipient of a global award from the World Association for Sexual Health. This was at the recently concluded 25th Congress of the World Association for Sexual Health funded by Hivos."
The event was held virtually and it incorporated speeches of representatives from many organizations
globally including UNFPA and Hivos.
Inua dada Iniative was launched by First Lady of Kenya in November 7, 2013. The platform aims at providing a suitable environment for young school going girls. The forum's main priority is Menstrual Health Management.
Through the forum, the sexual reproductive Health and Rights Advocate has empowered more that 12,000 school
going girls. The celebrated media personality has also championed for change around Menstrual Hygiene and Management through her first book My First Time which was released last year and it comprises stories of women and girls on their first encounter with menstruation.
Kenyans blow Sh48 billion on illicit sex
- Non-monogamy is the new relationship trend
- Why body of businessman 'refused to go home'
- Street boys, sex workers now ‘dressing up’ to avoid arrest
- I will cover DJ Evolve mum's funeral costs - Babu Owino
By Solomon Koko
- Burglar breaks into city house and takes a nap
- How women destroy healthy hair
By Gardy Chacha
- Things men do in bed that women dislike
- My hubby still wears cheap ‘Y’ front underwear
- How to tell Nairobi women by their estates