Mother to remain in custody over death of baby; husband takes off
By Lilian Chepkoech | August 26th 2021
A woman arrested on suspicion of committing murder will be held in custody for two more weeks pending investigation.
Ann Ndasi Muronji was arrested in Dagoreti on June 28 this year, following the death of her child which reportedly happened during a domestic fight with her husband who is currently on the run.
In a sworn affidavit, the investigating officer Dennis Were told the court that he needed 14 days to complete investigation since the other suspect believed to be involved in the murder is yet to be arrested.
“The respondent is believed to be having crucial information which may lead to the arrest of the others. Other witnesses are yet to record their statements and it will be fair and just for this honorable court to grant the orders as prayed for sufficient gathering of the evidence,” said the investigating officer.
Additionally, the officer told the court that the suspect who might abscond court if released on bond also needs mental assessment.
I will marry when ready, says Lilian Ng'ang'a's Juliani
By David Odongo
- Police minting millions from Covid-19 drunkards
- Sick inmate claims he is being denied life-saving drugs
- Coffin gangs of Nairobi: They steal, kill and ferry drugs
- Love is love; age is just a number
- Ichung’wah may have missed history lessons at Alliance
- Stay at home moms can become millionaires
- From a slaying campus girl to a timber yard merchant
- Congolese in court for assaulting neighbour
- Two women, man showing off cash linked to wash-wash cartel