Dr Josephine Thitu: The brilliant woman Dr Alfred Mutua left for Lilian Ng'ang'a
By The Nairobian Reporter | August 16th 2021
Before Lilian Ng’ang’a walked into his life, Machakos County Governor Dr Alfred Mutua was a married man. Back in 2014, Alfred Mutua was married to his now ex-wife Dr Josephine Thitu Maundu with whom they have three children.
Unlike the ‘amicable’ dissolution of his relationship with the Founder of Lilian Ng’ang’a Foundation, Mutua and his first wife were caught up in a bitter public battle for the custody of their children and matrimonial property. Unfortunately, the governor lost the case and was ordered to pay for the cost of the suit.
Just who exactly is Dr Josephine Thitu, Dr Alfred Mutua’s first wife?
The Nairobian can report that Thitu is a pharmaceuticals services systems specialist with 17 years' experience, she holds a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) from University of Washington, the same institution where she earned her Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) in 1993.
She earned her Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) from Purdue University in 2006. Thitu has worked in leading health institutions and technical assistance organisations in Kenya, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and the USA.
Dr Thitu has combined training in clinical pharmacy and public health and has been the programme director for Afya Afrique (www.afyaafrique.org), a health systems strengthening consultant group based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Dr Thitu also the founding director of Machakos Women Foundation (www.machakoswomen.com). Prior to Afya Afrique, Dr Thitu was the Deputy Chief of Party, Pharmaceutical Services for the Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS) programme of Management Sciences of Health (MSH).
I quit posh PR job to start carwash, carpet spa
- Early retirement not a solution for employment crisis
- Sheng will never be a standard language- Linguistics Professor
- If you can’t afford an extra kid, just zip it!
By Awuor Omino
- Manzi wa Kibera is off the market
- Kenyan Dictionary; a hilarious look at our language
- Mystery over millionaire heir’s death in game park
- Bishops who prayed for UhuRuto in 2013 baffled by their fallout
- My family rejected me because I was ugly
By Jael Musumba
- It is now cheaper to rent apartments in Nairobi's posh hoods
By Harold Ayodo