Dutch national commits suicide at home, wife discovers body after 12 hours
By Kamore Maina | August 13th 2021
Police in Gigiri are investigating the mysterious death of a Dutch national said to have committed suicide at a house in Spring Valley.
The body of the 42-year-old man was found inside his bedroom on Tuesday night. Police believe the man used a rope that was found around his neck to commit suicide.
The foreigner’s wife, who was in the house, told police that her husband had slept in a different bedroom. She only learnt of his death on Tuesday evening when the father of one delayed to wake up, police report said. Investigations into the death have been launched.
This incident comes in the wake of rising cases of suicide during the Covid-19 period. Mental health expert Dr Frank Njenga has warned that suicide cases are on the rise as families grapple with hard economic times during and after the coronavirus period.
Son in court for threatening to rape, hack mother to death
- City bishop Godfrey Migwi dies
- No bond for men charged with raping, robbing woman
- Meet Kenya's best mortician
- Mike Sonko's 'twin' joins politics
- Woman linked to Al-Shabaab arrested
- Dating should be for fun, sex, not marriage
- Revealed: What's really ailing singer Akothee
- Report: One Kenyan man uses only 14 condoms per year
- Nairobi West Hospital moves medical care to the sky
By Mike Kihaki