Skip to main content
× THE NAIROBIAN POLITICS TEN THINGS ASIAN ARENA TRAVEL FEATURES NAIROBIAN SHOP MONEY FASHION FLASH BACK HEALTH UNCLE TED BETTING Podcasts E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS

Man commits suicide after killing girlfriend in Nairobi’s Kangemi estate

By Kamore Maina | August 14th 2021

A 27-year-old man has killed his girlfriend in Nairobi’s Kangemi estate after which he took his own life inside their rented house. The man, identified as James Wafula, is said reported to have stabbed his 22-year-old girlfried to death following a domestic brawl.

Dagoretti police boss Francis Wahome said the police were informed of the incident by neighbours who heard the lady screaming. It was around mid-day on Tuesday. And when the neighbours managed to break into the one-bedroom house, they found the woman’s body in a pool of blood in the sitting room.

“The woman had her hands tied from the back with a rope. She had suffered multiple knife wounds on the chest and abdomen” Wahome said.

The police boss said man’s body was found in the bedroom dangling from a rope, which he used to end his life.
Neighbours told the police that the woman had arrived at the man’s home at around 8am - four hours before her murder.

The last time the woman was spotted in the man’s house was last month. It is believed that the man and his girlfried had parted ways and that the woman had returned after reconcilling with him. The motive of the killings is yet to be established. 

Share this story
City politician: My billionaire father never helped me
I first saw my father after I had finished high school. But we didn’t have any kind of bond.
Foreigner dies at home, wife discovers body after 12 hours
She only learnt of his death on Tuesday evening when the father of one delayed to wake up.