Police vehicle kills mama mboga, injures boda boda rider
By Mike Kihaki | June 28th 2021
A woman lost her life while several reidents of Kimilili town sustained minor injuries following a road accident involving a police land cruiser.
Eye witnesses claim that the land cruiser lost control while chasing a boda boda rider. The vehicle rammed into a motorbike which eventually landed into a ditch, hitting a pedestrian.
Margaret Ndicho, a vegetable vendor and other casualties were rushed to Kimilili sub-county hospital where she succumbed to injuries. Her body was taken to Lugulu mission hospital mortuary and the vehicle towed to Kimilili police station. The driver of the vehicle is identified as Gilbert Wanjala.
According to police at Kimilili Police Station, the incident was booked on OB XX/23/6/2021
"A fatal accident involving a police van occurred at 1930hrs on 23/6/2021 at Kimilili township along Kimilili Chwele road. Upon reaching at the location, the driver (PC Moses Amalemba) failed to keep to his near side and hit a motor cycle registration KMFP 613 G TVs star," the OB read in part.
Kimilili Constituency is in Bungoma County where curfew hours start at 7pm to 4am to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic in the lake region.
Area MP Didmus Barasa has condemned the incident blaming the police of using excessive powers on innocent citizens.
"It's high time the government of Kenya through Mr President and the CS for internal security reviewed the measures put in place concerning curfew issue. It is so sad, pathetic and sympathetic to continue losing innocent souls and lives carelessly like that," he said.
He raped me, left me to sleep out in the cold
- Shrinking public spaces force Nairobians to make out, have fun on flyovers and roundabouts
- Nick Mwendwa on the cross for Stars poor showing
- Most deaf mothers miscarry due to misdiagnosis
- The lawyer who wrote his own eulogy
- Abstinence prevents cancer too, not just HIV - Gynaeological oncologist
By Gardy Chacha
- The fun side of President Uhuru Kenyatta
- Our darling daughter bought land and built a home for us
- Kenyan men secretly love mashakura
- Prayer warrior: KDF priest fights militia with the Bible and the gun