Kivaywa Secondary School: Thugs kill three security guards, steal Sh150,000
By Mike Kihaki | June 10th 2021
Three security guards were killed on Wednesday, June 9 while two others sustained injuries after unknown number of suspected thugs raided Kivaywa Secondary School in Kakamega County.
Edward Malala,40, Henry Khaoya, 55 and Evans Wanyonyi, 56, were killed by suspected thugs while Situma Sitikho and Luca Wanjala are fighting for their lives at Webuye County Hospital after sustaining injuries from the attack. According to the principal, five guards were on duty on the day of the incident.
"The boys are usually woken up by the guards at 4:30am and when they didn’t two teachers went to the dorms only to see the administration door wide open," he said.
The suspects stole a TV set, one laptop, a public address system and some cash valued at approximately Sh150,000.
According to Matete OCPD Thomas Ototo, investigations into the Wednesday night incident have already began.
“Our officers visited the school and have started investigations into the incident,” he said.
The bodies of the three were moved to Webuye Hospital Mortuary on Thursday morning.
Five golden rules of night partying: Number one will make or break you
- There are no ghost-workers in government- SRC boss
- After losing baby to pre-eclampsia, mother helps grieving mums to heal
By Jael Musumba
- Mistresses grieve like wives, but their pain is hidden
By Kelvin Kamau
- Here are famous old school rivalries that have defied time
- The child is mine: Married woman and workmate fight over child's paternity
- Man busted growing weed in quarter acre farm
By James Omoro
- Juicy gossip is our way of life
By Uncle Gil
- Room service: Nairobi sex workers are now working from home
- Baby boy makes history as first human born with three penises