Kivaywa Secondary School: Thugs kill three security guards, steal Sh150,000
By Mike Kihaki | June 10th 2021
Three security guards were killed on Wednesday, June 9 while two others sustained injuries after unknown number of suspected thugs raided Kivaywa Secondary School in Kakamega County.
Edward Malala,40, Henry Khaoya, 55 and Evans Wanyonyi, 56, were killed by suspected thugs while Situma Sitikho and Luca Wanjala are fighting for their lives at Webuye County Hospital after sustaining injuries from the attack. According to the principal, five guards were on duty on the day of the incident.
"The boys are usually woken up by the guards at 4:30am and when they didn’t two teachers went to the dorms only to see the administration door wide open," he said.
The suspects stole a TV set, one laptop, a public address system and some cash valued at approximately Sh150,000.
According to Matete OCPD Thomas Ototo, investigations into the Wednesday night incident have already began.
“Our officers visited the school and have started investigations into the incident,” he said.
The bodies of the three were moved to Webuye Hospital Mortuary on Thursday morning.
Help! Sh700,000 disappeared from my bank account
- I received presidential treatment from TB Joshua, says Ng’ang’a
- Vaginal procedures: to snip or not to snip?
- Nunu facelift: To keep women tight, or men cocked?
- Family in shock after finding sheep, black cat buried in farm
- Mum is best, but dad is ‘importanter’— Sociologist
By Kelvin Kamau
- Kirubi never parted with more than Sh10,000 for his women
- Clogged sewers, faeces suffocating Muthurwa market
- Wife denies burning hubby with hot water for cheating on her
- Fake money? Back in the day we had fake parents
By Uncle Gil