Policemen held me for three days, tortured me - Boda rider
By Lilian Chepkoech | June 6th 2021
A man accused of trafficking narcotics caused a stir in court after he claimed that cops tortured him and held him for three days contrary to the constitutionally stipulated 24 hours.
Moses Amwayi was charged with being in possession of 36 rolls of bhang worth Sh720 that he had concealed in a khaki bag.
Amwayi, a boda boda rider, was arrested at Kawangware stage on May 17, after cops received a tip-off from area residents.
Amwayi, who pleaded not guilty, told Kibera Chief magistrate Joyce Gandini that the arresting officers tortured him.
The accused, through his lawyer, also stated that he was forced to stay in the police car while the rest of the offenders were being taken to court to take pleas.
He claimed that he had sustained serious injuries and demanded he be taken to hospital.
The accused further lamented that he was brutally treated, yet he had committed a petty offence.
The court having considered the application granted him a bond of Sh50,000 pending the mention of his case on June 14.
Most men who marry athletes are opportunists- Ndereba
- Loving cousins: Not knowing family members can be costly
- 'Mama Pima' forced out of chang'aa business by randy clients
By James Omoro
- Simba Arati: I used to sell sukuma wiki after high school
- Viagra, condoms most counterfeited goods in Kenya
- Vera Sidika and Brown Mauzo welcome newborn in style
- Tiwa Savage: I'm not ashamed of leaked sex tape
By Solomon Koko
- Why burglars cook chapati, shave their victims
- We ate uhuru, forgot to mark the graves of freedom
- Kenya has two tribes; the rich and the poor