Soweto man in court for beating woman who laughed at him
By Lilian Chepkoech | May 16th 2021
A youthful man from Soweto area in Kibera has denied assaulting a woman for allegedly laughing at him and his friends.
Andrew Ayuma Mmanyi appeared before Kibera Law Court Senior Principal Magistrate Renee Kitangwa accused that on February 12, together with his six others who were not before the court, he assaulted Maureen Adisa causing her injuries.
Adisa had gone to check on her friend and while there, she heard some noises outside and when she peeped, she saw six young men armed with sticks.
She went out to inquire about the commotion but she was attacked by the men, who demanded to know why she always laughs whenever she sees them.
Getting no answer from her, they kept pounding on her mercilessly before she was rescued by passersby, who heard her cries for help.
During the incident, Adisa also lost Sh12,500. She went to a nearby clinic to seek medical help having sustained injuries on her hand and abdomen.
The accused was arrested and arraigned, but his accomplices are still at large. He pleaded not guilty. The matter shall be mentioned on May 18.
Five golden rules of night partying: Number one will make or break you
- There are no ghost-workers in government- SRC boss
- Mistresses grieve like wives, but their pain is hidden
By Kelvin Kamau
- Here are famous old school rivalries that have defied time
- The child is mine: Married woman and workmate fight over child's paternity
- Man busted growing weed in quarter acre farm
By James Omoro
- Juicy gossip is our way of life
By Uncle Gil
- Room service: Nairobi sex workers are now working from home
- Baby boy makes history as first human born with three penises
- Covid -19: Fear of vaccine is more dangerous than the pandemic