Birds with stinking droppings killing business
By Pkemoi Ng'enoh | March 5th 2020
Some traders near City Stadium in Nairobi have been forced to move their stalls, while others have closed, blaming their ordeal on strange birds. According to the traders, the tiny white birds arrived in their hundreds around October last year and perched on nearby acacia trees to breed. But their stay is now killing their businesses due to the stench of their droppings.
The traders mostly sell second-hand clothes, vegetables, utensils and fried fish. They are now contemplating cutting down the trees after failing to get rid of the birds.
“Initially, we thought they would be here briefly, but they started nesting and breeding. It is their white and smelly poop that have made our customers flee,” Jane Aketch told The Nairobian.
“It is the first time we are seeing them. Before, only marabous storks perched here,” she added.
Fred Yego who used to run a money transfer shop and eatery before said he was forced to close the business because of the foul smell. Customers complained and they reported the matter to the City County but no action was taken.
New wives, ponzi schemes and the mistakes retirees make
By Kelvin Kamau
- The rich and poor have same bedroom problems
- Nyama choma, ride with a ‘nurse’ left me in a coma - taxi driver
- Former house help: I refused sexual advances from married bosses
- Why every man should submit to his woman
- Female phone fundi takes Thika town by storm
By Kelvin Kamau
- Archbishop's wife fled when he 'hammered' househelp
- Mpango wa kando make men better husbands
- Why Jimal and Amber Ray called it quits
- Security guard arraigned for sodomising homeless man