Comedian YY: My wife’s labour had to be delayed for three weeks
By Lilian Chepkoech | January 20th 2022 | 1 min read
Comedian Oliver Otieno popularly known as YY is the newest father in town. He could not hide his happiness after his daughter was born despite his wife experiencing a difficult pregnacy.
In a video shared on socia media, YY appreciated God’s doing for promoting him to be a father for the second time, having lost the firstborn daughter through stillbirth.
In disbelief, YY revealed that his wife Marya endured a difficult pregnancy with a brave face.
“I believe that everything happens for a reason and through professional medics, God has done reincarnation. It has been a difficult journey full of challenges. Three weeks ago we had premature labour and at some point, we could not suppress the labour. So we rushed to the hospital where we were helped by the medics at a hospital in Ruaka who managed to postpone the labour up to three weeks and so far we got our baby safely,” he said.
In a recent post, the comedian appreciated Marya for selflessly bringing a new life to the world.
“The mother to the daughter of a King... stronger than a Moissanite...I would have played you a song but you holding my guitar in your hand...I can't tell you enough how much I honour your selflessness...Thank you for pushing...I want you to choose a destination you would love to visit,” he said.
Ezekiel Mutua: Azimio paid more than half a million to use Sauti Sol's song
- AP Officer Edith Nyawira: Gone too soon, but why?
- I started my music career scrubbing studio floors
- Police is hunting down fake preachers in Nairobi CBD
- Man Stevo, your dance is confusing, slow down, so we can understand you
- 10 characteristics that tell the Kikuyu apart
By James Mwangi
- Caretaker in court for conning, biting and evicting tenant
- Watch out for fake, backstabbing friends
- I have 13 tattoos, one belongs to my ex boyfriend
- I fell prey of a fake business deal, 'investors' almost killed me
By Sammy Kerre