Ken Wa Maria: I’m lucky to have survived two road accidents
By Cheptoek Boyo | January 20th 2022 | 1 min read
Popular vernacular musician Ken Wa Maria has issued an update following his road accident on New Year’s eve. The musician disclosed that he was heading to Kathiani town in Machakos after performing in Tala when their vehicle’s steering wheel locked and hit the mud wall.
“I had a show in Tala. We performed to celebrate the New Year and left at 6am with my band. We proceeded to Kathiani. While we were approaching Kathiani Center, the steering wheel locked itself, hit a mud wall causing the accident. I was the one driving,” he said.
Ken, who was alongside his band members, suffered hand and back injuries while five others sustained serious injuries.
“Five of them were critically injured, a lady who is a vocalist was badly injured to the point that she was admitted, two young men suffered broken legs and the other two , had injuries on the head and the chest,” he added.
The musician revealed how he once survived an accident along Thika Road in 2014.
“I was involved in an accident in 2014, along Thika Road. I suffered minor injuries. It is clear God loves me and I still have a lot to achieve,” he said.
Boda boda rider linked to gang who shot, robbed his client
- No more 'sex' music, passengers tell matatu conductors
- Kibaki 'son' Jacob Ocholla steps out of the shadows weeks after burial
- All Kenyan Presidents famously had look-alikes
- Wangui B Ngng: I am not a political reject
By Solomon Koko
- Lilian Ng'ang'a regains her 50 per cent shares of AL hotel
By Paul Ogemba
- I would 'twerk' online again to feed my two sons
- Magoha threatens to deal with teachers looking at students suggestively
- Waist beads are important ingredients to spice up sex life
By Marion Kithi
- Woman in court for dislocating neighbour's legs