Shanah Manjeru,13, breaks Nikita’s record to become youngest AFRIMA Award winner.
By Lilian Chepkoech | November 22nd 2021
Over the weekend, Lagos City in Nigeria was a hive full of activities as it hosted the musicians from all corners of Africa for the All Africa Music Awards.
Among those in the lead were the Kenyan artists Nikita Kering, Sauti Sol and the youngest of all, Shanah Manjeru who is 13 years old, and who won the tag of Best African Female Artiste in Inspirational Music.
Manjeru, who hosts 'Big Minds' on KBC floored ten fellow contestants in the same category from different African countries. The bubbly songstress got into the public eye when she released her song dubbed 'Destiny' at the tender age of 9 years.
The young and promising singer had been lauded by the international film industry Hollywood for her good personality and showing great potential with respect to acting when she was sourced for auditions
Manjeru has now taken the position in which the songbird Nikita Kering held since 2019.
Kering, on the other end, bagged two awards with Sauti sol being crowned the Best in African Group category.
Kering has since been congratulated for being the best RnB and Soul artist category and also emerging as the Best Female Artiste East Africa category. Surprisingly Nikita beat the heavyweights in the industry such as Nandy, Zuchu and Wizkid.
Kenyans among the top celebrities have sent their congratulatory messages to them for keeping Kenyan stars brighter.
Woman linked to Al-Shabaab arrested
- Dating should be for fun, sex, not marriage
- Revealed: What's really ailing singer Akothee
- Report: One Kenyan man uses only 14 condoms per year
- Nairobi West Hospital moves medical care to the sky
By Mike Kihaki
- Makueni Women Rep. conferred with honorary degree in Humanity
By John Muia
- Banks now demanding more collateral for loans
By Harold Ayodo
- Little-known details about Reverend Natasha's fiancé
- Comrades fully behind Kinoti- KUSO President
By Mike Kihaki
- Alarm as Lake Victoria beaches turn into criminals paradise
By Isiah Gwengi