Media personlity Betty Kyalo: I don’t read negative stories, comments about myself
By Cheptoek Boyo | August 23rd 2021
Media personality Betty Kyallo has disclosed how she deals with trolls and negative comments. The journalist said she keeps away from reading negative stories and comments about herself.
“Learn to guard your heart. Many times I’m asked how I deal with trolls or haters. What I have learnt for the past 10 years on being in the limelight is to protect my heart and energy. I choose what I consume, I don’t read negative stories, comments about myself plus my close friends and family never send me things that would affect my spirit. It’s like a bubble. I also learnt the fact that not everyone has to like me. I’m cool with that because the amount of love I get is super crazy. Also never let people put crazy expectations on you. Gosh you are human. You are allowed to be, live, be happy, feel sad, fail, rise, fall. It’s okay,” she said.
The mother of one advised other celebs on how to deal with online trolls.
“I’m alive to the fact that it’s not a “famous people” issue. Anyone can go through this. Could be hate, discrimination from relatives and friends. Learn to be blind to things that crush your soul. You don’t have to hear everything. Who said what about you. Block the noise and always put your mental health first,” she added.
Crocodiles and ducks guarding Michuki Park
- Gospel singer Betty Bayo falls in love again
- Lamu cop dies on his wedding day, new still wife in shock
- Why Mombasa twilight girls turn down Indian soldiers
- Sports and boobs: What’s ball got to do with it, Rais?
By Beryl Ringos
- I will marry when ready, says Lilian Ng'ang'a's Juliani
By David Odongo
- Police minting millions from Covid-19 drunkards
- Sick inmate claims he is being denied life-saving drugs
- Coffin gangs of Nairobi: They steal, kill and ferry drugs
- Love is love; age is just a number