Why Meru University students must get vaccinated against Covid
By Stephen Mburu | August 28th 2021
Meru University students who have not received Covid-19 vaccine will not participate in sporting activities, the Vice Chancellor Romanus Odhiambo has said.
Prof Odhiambo issued the directive following the spread of stubborn flu at the institution in the last three weeks.
“All students participating in sporting activities must show evidence of Covid -19 vaccination since it has been established that many students do not adhere to Covid-19 protocols,” Prof Odhiambo said.
The varsity boss also said the university hospital had been recording a high number of respiratory-related complications from both students and staff, with some being found to have positive results.
As a way to curb the spread of the virus, the institution has now opted for blended learning, with less physical meetings.
President Kenyatta must follow up on Pandora leak
- Ibrahim Rotich: The man who confused Olympics star from age 17
- This woman, Anne Mumbi Waiguru
- Troubled senator used mother’s ambulance to campaign
- Gloria Muliro ties the knot with pastor, engineer hubby
- Luhya people are tired of the headlines and stereotypes
- Man jailed for six years for killing infant after mother rejected him
- I make 200K teaching locals, wazungu Swahili - Gilbert Awino
- Ngong' residents protest condom littering by brothels
- ACK Bishop caught in scandal over wife