Nairobi woman sets lover's house on fire
By - Sep 19th 2023
Patience Cherotich (pictured above) has been accused of setting fire to Benjamin Obeten’s bedroom, damaging property worth Sh120,000 in Kasarani, Nairobi, on August 10. She asked to visit the house but threatened to harm him afterward. This compelled him to seek assistance from the security personnel in the apartment complex, who promptly intervened by ejecting the accused.
She later came back in and stormed into the bedroom. Not long after, he saw smoke coming from the bedroom window. Neighbours who heard his distress calls helped him to put out the fire. The matter was reported at the Kasarani Police Station and the accused person was arrested. Makadara senior principal magistrate Agnes Mwangi released her on a Sh200,000 bond.
Mama mboga charged in attempted murder case
- Drama as goons raid funeral, steal food, 'vyombo za wageni'
- Car theft syndicate targeting Prados crops up in Nairobi
- I worked very hard in school- Murkomen defends fashion
- Politicians in blame-game as criminals raid top brass
By Eric Abuga
- Forever is too long to be with one person
- Muthaura's memoir a must read for the youth
- Emerging opportunities and challenges in land governance
By Faith Alubbe
- Dreekz: I once slaughtered a goat in pursuit of blessings