Man charged for trying to kill granny over stray chicken
| February 10th 2014
NYERI: A 25-year-old man has been arraigned before a Nyeri court for attempting to kill his grandmother because she allowed her chickens to get into his garden.
The man was charged that on July 6, 2013 he attempted to kill his grandmother at her home at Mukarara village, Nyeri County, for letting her hens get into his garden.
The court heard that the granny screamed and when a rescuer went to check what was happening, the accused was allegedly holding a panga ready to cut off his grandmother’s head.
The court also heard that after the rescue mission, the accused person continued to abuse his grandmother, threatening to kill her.
The accused however denied the charges. The case will be heard further on March 5.
2,000 vehicles held at port over eight-year ruleMore than 2,000 imported motor vehicles have been held up at the port of Mombasa over the eight-year age rule.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
All 400 Maranda School Form 4 students sent home indefinitely
- Duale: Uhuru’s sudden appearance during my TV interview didn’t scare me
- Man who shot woman he thought was fugitive cop Kangogo found dead
By Osinde Obare
- Police officers’ ‘slashed salaries’: What’s happening?
By Mate Tongola
- Country's only known alligator since 1967 on the brink of death
- My old-fashioned watermill has served me for 90 years, says miller