Annan’s busy day in Nairobi
Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, who is in the country, has been holding meetings with Grand Coalition Government leaders.
Among those on his diary are President Kibaki, Prime Minister Raila Odinga and Vice President Kalozo Musyoka.
Annan is also said to have met Lands minister James Orengo, British High Commissioner Rob Macaire and MPs Martha Karua and Peter Keneth.
Annan, who brokered a peace deal that saw the formation of a Grand Coalition Government after the disputed 2007 presidential election, jetted into the country on Sunday night.
Formation of local tribunal to try suspected perpetrators of post-election violence and resettlement of IDPs are some of the issues that remain unresolved.
Parliament rejected government Bill that aimed to set up a local tribunal.
PNU vows to back Raila, form coalition with ODM
By Samson Wire
- Eyes on Navy as Kenya takes tough stance on Somalia
- Grand reception for Raila as he storms Ruto’s Eldoret backyard
- Raila feted for championing unity, development
- Family pays tribute to businessman found dead in park
- Pregnancy, child loss comes with painful, silent grief
HEALTH & SCIENCE