'We'll table mwananchi friendly budget'
By Joseph Muchiri
| June 18th 2015
The county assembly has pledged to table the most "mwananchi friendly" budget since the advent of devolution.
Budget and Appropriations Committee Chairman Joseph Nyaga Mwaniki said budgets presented in the two financial years have not been 'mwananchi oriented'.
He, however, noted that the era of having projects that do not touch on the common man was ending, and asked residents to brace themselves for positive changes in the 2015-2016 financial year budget.
Mr Mwaniki was speaking at the end of a week-long budget-making meeting.
Appeal for security in RamadhanMuslim leaders have appealed to both the national and county governments to heighten security during the month of Ramadhan.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Male student, 17, dies in girls’ secondary school dormitory
- Boniface Mwangi house destruction: What we know so far
- Police clarification on bar operating hours after Uhuru lifts curfew
- Nairobi marabou storks lose their home to Expressway
- Postmortem examination performed on Masten Wanjala’s body
By Micah Sali
- DP William Ruto on a charm offensive in Western