CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A CURRICULUM & RELATED DOCUMENTS FOR CAPACITY BUILDING ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS IN KENYA
Tender Type Consultancy
Organization: THE NATIONAL TREASURY AND PLANNING
Close Date: 2020-10-01
Advert Type: Consultancy
No; 61210 KE
Project ID No: P121019
1. The Government of Kenya (GoK) has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the infrastructure Finance and Public Private Partnerships (IFPPP) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) include: (a) Conduct a Needs Assessment targeting PPP public and private stakeholders; (b) Develop Curriculum, Syllabus and Course packs for Post Graduate Diploma; (c) Policy and Administrative framework for implementation of the curriculum; and (d) Training of Trainers. The assignment is expected to take six (6) months with an expected start date of January, 2021.
4. The National Treasury & Planning (the Client), through its Project Implementation Unit, now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The consultancy firm should have experience gained from developing training curricula and teaching material. The shortlisting requirements for the Firm’s experience are; (a) Participated in development of training curricula and course packs for courses that are delivered in academic or similar settings within the last 10 years; and (b) Demonstrate wide experience in undertaking training/capacity needs assessments for development programs. Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage
5. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018 which can be found at the following website:
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section ill, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 updated August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
8. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least Cost Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
9. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0900 to 1700 hrs.
10. Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below either in person, by mail or by email:
Infrastructure Finance and Public Private Partnerships Project
Attention: Procurement Specialist
P.O Box 21190 -00100
Telephone No: +254-110126699
Infrastructure Finance and Public Private Partnerships Project,
Attention: Procurement Specialist 6th Floor, Reinsurance Plaza,
Building No.4 Aga Khan Walk/Taifa Road
Deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is Thursday 1st October 2020 at 1600 hours Kenyan local time.
DIRECTOR, PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS UNIT FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY/NATIONAL TREASURY